View Profile CheckeredZebra

All 36 Movie Reviews

6 w/ Responses

For a parody of bad let's players, and for a newgrounds front page animation, there was SO much more you could do with this content-wise. I kind of smiled at him screaming too loud, but then the violence wasn't really funny...

Overall it was kind of a weird flash that I was expecting more from. It wasn't bad, but....honestly, there was so much more you could've done with this. D:

I understood the joke and appreciated the animation, but it wasn't as funny as I was expecting. I liked the build up TO the last part, but the punchline needed to give more of an impact.

Now by impact...I'm not saying improve your animation, art, or delivery. That was spot on. It was the joke itself that needed a bit more work. I saw it all coming.

I would have rather the punchline be something else COMPLETELY unexpected, such as him...idk, punching his boss in the face and running outside, or suing. Just...something I couldn't see from a mile away. D:

Still, it seems like I'm in the minority. I see a lot of 5s and "AWESOME MAN!!!" comments, haha. And I'm glad others got a lot of enjoyment from it. But to me, this was slightly amusing, but didn't quite live up to the standards it was set up to have. (Front page Newgrounds, made by Riceman.)

I...can't help but like this. I have no idea why. Just take my stars. Take them.

Samination responds:

NOMNOMNOM. Your stars were yummy.

The art was amazing and the world you created for the characters fairly enchanting for the few words in the story. However, even on a children's level, there is not enough conflict nor problem solving. If you look at famous children's shows (Winnie the Poo, Little Bear, Aurthur, etc) they all have a bit more conflict in them. Could've easily added more considering they were hiking up mountains and such.

Aside from that, it's pretty good. =)

Way way more interesting and fummy than the first, in my opinion. You started off great in the start, with the bear kinda slowly becoming the Dovakhin. However, it really really stalled when the bear sat in the bar for so long only for the dragon sequence to be a bit...short.

Bear getting drunk = funny, but it was a bit overdone.

Regardless, animation is amazing and I look forward to seeing more stuff from you =) I think you've improved a lot from your first one.

Bowz responds:

I agree, that part did get a bit sloppy. Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah yeah, I see your sarcastic vicious replies to comments, but anyway...

Great, great, great art. I was extremely impressed by it and I was hooked as soon as I saw the first few seconds of it. However...

Way, way, way too disturbing for me. Some people are like "ZOMG YES VIOLENCE" but to me, this is like..Gorn. Just too much of it without any justification for it, and it steps over too many lines (the lines being my stomach; I felt physically ill after watching this). I will never, ever watch this again. And for that, I can only give it 2.5 stars. The art deserves a 3 but I just can't give it to you.

I got no enjoyment from it and in fact feel a little worse off in life just from seeing it. It has, literally, degraded my entire life experience down a little bit.

Hopefully though, some day you can do something more accessible to a mainstream audience. You can argue I'm just being a pussy but damn, this is just too messed up. You definitely have talent/are awesome and all that, but Jesus Christ, this is awful in a whole new way.

Sherbalex responds:

someday before my body dies and i leave this earth i will leave behind the beautiful things that hide within.

until then though, its just going to be more of this!!!

I liked it, and I'm glad somebody else finally used Dunsparce in something, but I kept waiting for that last punchline/twist, and it never came. This lead to it being very very slightly disappointing although it was still entertaining.

Everything else was pretty funny, though =P

I hate to be...well, another "hater" but a lot of these jokes were only saved by the voice acting on link's part. "EAT MY DICK" isn't funny, The sex jokes are only funny in small amounts (which was overly abused in the beginning, should've left it at "elf sex" which I admit was slightly funny =P).

Honestly, the whole beginning was just...trying too hard. D: And the end seppuku thing...also wasn't funny. Also, I'm not saying this takes off points, but what would happen if Saria AND Zelda were on Ganon's lap at the end? It would've gone a step farther than what was in the video and I probably would've laughed at him being screwed over twice. I saw the original ending coming but taking it a step farther would've definitely redeemed that.

But I gotta give this props, there were funny/humorous things in this and I can tell work went into it. I loved the art and the choices in sound/music were superb. But honestly, the writing needs to be worked on a bit. A lot of this was either predictable and/or "low" ranking comedy, such as sex jokes/underwear jokes. There is so much more you can do with this, but at the least you've improved a bit with more originality than the last few I've seen from you =) I do look forward to more submissions, I just hope you can learn from all of this and slowly improve. (Props to your voice actors, btw!)

I feel like a lot of people are either overexaggerating about the content or have personal bad experiences with child molestation. I read the comments first, then braced myself when I hit play, but it wasn't NEARLY as terrible as people are saying it is. I mean, we've had front page stuff that was literally 3 minutes of Ms. Piggy putting her fist up Kermit's bottom/doing generally disgusting stuff. I guess there are concerns about these kinds of flashes like this normalizing the child molestation behavior, which is the only point I could agree with.

Anyway, the animation/art was nice, but the content, while I wasn't offended by it, was just unfunny to me. I mean, it was bland, even with the controversial topic. You could make this actually funny, which would be difficult, or you could make it extremely disgusting, which I highly discourage (we have enough of those around already). Character designs and the animation were the only thing that kept me watching, really. And it falls down to a different problem with the content, aside from its controversial-ness. It's just not a funny subject 99% of the time, unless you have genius writers.

I am honestly impressed. I absolutely love this, I have nothing to even try to nitpick on. This is beautifully done. =)

Am I a popular artist? No. Am I that interesting? No. But, I submit anyway. Please enjoy my music, and PLEASE remember to blindly prai- I mean, constructively criticize my work. (Unlike people who just blam and leave. Don't be one of them!)

Student